Friday, April 10, 2009

Praying

There is not a whole lot new going on in the process, but I felt like blogging today. It is just a way for me to feel connected and like I am actually doing something. So, I thought I would share with you how I have been praying specifically for Baby J.
  • At night when I am about to head off to dreamland is about the time that I think Baby J might be starting to wake up. It makes for a good prayer time and a way for me to pray over his day. I pray that he awakens to someone who responds to him, loves on him, and makes him feel as special as he is. I pray that he is well-fed and will get the nourishment he needs to start his day. I pray that God is watching over his health and development and he is getting the encouragement and opportunity he needs to develop his muscles, his language, and his attachment to others.
  • I also pray for the adoption process...God knows exactly when we will be united with our little one. He knows when we will find out exactly who this little one is and when we will be able to go over and bring him back to all the people that already love him. He knows why it may need to take a little longer even when we don't. I am glad that God has it all under control. :)

May I ask....What are you praying for Baby J? I would love to hear how you are praying for our child/children. Send me an email or make a comment- We will be encouraged to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. From Katrina: I am praying that the Lord would put a longing in Baby J's heart for his mommy and daddy, leading to a very natural attachment to them when you are united. I am also praying that the Lord would give you peace in knowing that He is sovereign and loves Baby J more than you ever could! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom (Gramma) says: I feel like my prayers are like fireworks, bursting out in all directions, and we all are justing waiting for the resounding BOOM!!
    I thank God for the blessings of family; for bringing the two of you together. I thank God for Baby J: for the comfort He gives in knowing how He is working all this out - not just for our happiness, but for His glory.

    First, my prayers are for you, Shanna & Nate:
    *That you would see God's hand in each and every step of this process
    *that you would feel His comfort, grow in His wisdom, rest in His power
    *that you would continue to allow God to guide and strengthen you as parents and as a couple

    Secondly, my prayers for Baby J: (you do know that this will undoubtedly be his real nickname!)
    * I ask that God would intervene in all aspects of his physical, emotional, intellectual care and well-being.
    * that those who provide his care, that come in contact with him in any way, do so with love and kindness (as if being touched with the hands of God, himself)
    * Most of all, I pray that Baby J will be in the care of his God-given Mommy & Daddy as soon as possible; to bond with them as an infant should.

    Next my prayers are for the agencies and individuals working on the adoption process:
    * that each person who looks upon a paper/document would be diligent and swift in his/her responsibilities
    * That God's hand would be evident and He would be recognized as the One bringing you and your baby together [that you will be a testimony of God working in and through you]
    *that each step of the paperwork go smoothly and quickly
    *completion before the rainy season - God, did I mention SPEEED?
    (OK, not my will, but Thine!)

    And yes, even prayers for us grandparents:
    * that God would provide us with the wisdom, discretion, compassion to offer encouragement, advice, and help to you as you go through this journey and on into parenthood
    * that we will have the health and financial means to be able to enjoy this blessing of life - GRANDKIDS!

    Prayers for others:

    * that Baby J will have lots of friends, aunts, uncles and cousins who
    love him and support your family
    * that your new family will not only be accepted in your church/community but be embraced with love, encouragement,
    guidance, support

    WATCH THE FIREWORKS - GOD IS IN CONTROL - BOOM!!!!!
    Love, Mom..Gramma...Rachelle...

    ReplyDelete