Tomorrow we have an appointment with the US Custom and Immigration Services. Several of you have asked exactly what this is for...well, here is your answer:
We have to file a petition with USCIS to bring home a foreign born orphan back to the US. Our application allows us to apply for visa approval for our child. A part of this petition and process is for us to be fingerprinted yet again, albeit this time by the FBI at USCIS. Once all of our information is processed and we are "cleared," we will hopefully be preliminarily approved to bring our child back to the states. We should get this approval 8-12 weeks after our fingerprinting. We will then fax this approval to our case manager at CWA who will then need to forward it onto the US Embassy in Addis. They will need this for our eligibility to travel and attend our court hearing in Addis.
So, that's what we will be doing tomorrow morning.
Also, it's amazing, but I only have 3 weeks of school left!! I have a few small hurdles to jump, one of which is my board exams on April 18. I am not too concerned about it, but I definitely have some major study time ahead to prepare myself. BUT...the good thing is the light is getting brighter and before I know it, I'll be finished. Hooray!
From Katrina: That is so exciting! How did it go this morning? It is amazing how many things that you have to do to get to the part where you get to be together! This is going to be a joyous homecoming!!
ReplyDeleteI hope this morning went well for you guys! Things are happening quickly and seem to be coming together well in the adoption process. Congrats on only 3 more weeks of school!!! Hang in there, you are almost done!
ReplyDeleteLesley
P.S. I love the new look of your blog page. So fitting for Baby J. :)