Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Familiarly Unfamiliar (Week 17)



Things will start to pick up a little bit more for me here in the next week or so. I headed down to IWU today to discuss the details of my job for the semester. I'll be working three days a week for about 7 hrs/day. I am looking forward to having something to do again. Although I've really enjoyed the restfulness of this summer, I am ready to be a little bit more occuppied and use the talents and gifts God has given me outside the home.

It was interesting being back on campus today. When I graduated in April, I didn't think I would be back this soon and doing what I am doing this semester. It is the first time in quite a long time that I am not part of the students gearing up for a new semester. I think it is always exciting to be on campus when all the students are there...but I am glad I am not one of the students this time around.

When I left this morning for Marion, I realized I forgot my phone. I could've easily turned around and gotten it because I wasn't very far when I noticed...but I didn't. I am one of those people that is not too concerned about having my phone with me at all times, and Nate is usually the one to remind me or ask me if I want to bring it with me if we are going somewhere together. However, as I was heading home from the meeting, I realized that leaving home without my phone could be a pretty huge deal and I should definitely be making it a point to take it with me wherever I go during the week...I would hate to be without it when Nate gets the call and is trying to get a hold of me. As I drove home, I vaguely pictured the scene of Nate pacing back and forth in the driveway waiting on me to pull up with the big news. Of course he wasn't, but lesson learned.
Note to self: NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THE PHONE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment