Thursday, September 17, 2009

A little dose of honesty

I am very weary of waiting. This last couple of weeks have been really tough. It is hard to put on a cheery face and positive attitude every day. Today was a bit of a breaking point. Maybe it's because I'm tired this week, maybe it's because I let myself be real with a good friend about the difficulty of praying the same things over and over, maybe it's just God saying, "It's okay. You don't have to be strong, but rest in me and I will give you the strength." Yeah, probably God is using all of it to continue to teach me. His timing is impeccable, though. After coming home from meeting with my friend, Lori, we had a package in the mail from CWA. In it was the following letter with several items directly from Ethiopia that the CWA Ethiopia staff team sent to us:

"Enclosed are several gifts, hand carried back by CWA staff especially for you from recent trips to Ethiopia, because we know the waiting is long and the journey hard. Remember, the Bible is full of God's promises and every one is true. He loves you, has a plan for your life, and He is always on time."

"But these things I plan wont' happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

With Love,

The CWA Ethiopia Team

Here is also a picture of the items they sent us in the package:


It was the package that was my breaking point and all that I had been holding in came rushing out. It felt good to let my guard down and talk with Nate about the frustrations and fears that have been plaguing me in the back of my mind. It also reminded me that I don't have to carry it alone or hide these thoughts that I am not sure what to do with...I have strong support in Nate and even more, I have a loving God who knows anyway and wants me to run to him...in the joy, in the pain, in the waiting, and eventually in the receiving. I trust in His love.

I thank God for his impeccable timing and for allowing us to work with such a caring staff who continues to work hard on our behalf to bring our son home. We are thankful for all the work they do, for us and the many other children and families they serve. Please keep them in your prayers as they continue to carry out the good work they do every day and for us as we continue to wait on God's perfect timing.

1 comment:

  1. Shanna My Dear-
    I couldn't be happier knowing that you received these items in the mail...what a awesome God we have. As I read through your posting, I began to cry knowing what this means to you. God blesses the obedient, and I don't know anyone who has been more patient and obedient through difficult circumstances. Continue to put your hope in him...you're an example to all of us. Love ya-Lori

    ReplyDelete