Melkam Adis Amet....Happy New Year! No, I've not gone crazy wishing it were January...today is New Year's Day (Enkutatesh) in Ethiopia! If you remember a post from a few months ago, I talked about the different calendar Ethiopia follows (Orthodox Julian calendar). Well, today (Sept. 11) is Meskerem 1 or New Years! And even more interesting...they are starting the year 2002.
Well, I anticipate this year for Baby Boy will be much different than the experiences of the first year of his life. I pray for him that he holds on just a little longer and that this next year for him would be more than his Ethiopian family ever hoped was possible for him. I anticipate as much for us! Melkam Adis Amet!!
**actually, I got a little excited and posted this a day early...but since they are 8 hrs ahead of us, it straddles our Sept. 10/11)**
Melkam Adis Amet to both of you and it certainly will be. God has a great plan for all three of you.
ReplyDeleteLove, MOM
Darn it. When i saw the heading of that post, i thought that maybe that was the name of the child you were going to bring home soon. It only took a half a second to realize that it wasn't. I am so excited for you, and I really appreciate how you have kept us up to date on what is going on so that we can be excited, nervous, and especially pray with you.
ReplyDeleteNicole Dunham