Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Week 20
Obviously the semi-"big" update already occurred this week with the previous post about our son already being in CWA care. We are still waiting for the actual referral (and knowing who "he" is) but hearing what we did has done wonders for my anxiety. I have noticed I am much more relaxed this week and not thinking so much about "the call." I am so glad that I was encouraged to follow up with our case manager...I have much more peace of mind. Even though we don't know when, we know that we are close and that is good enough for me. As far as "when," it is very hard to tell. Gathering the necessary paperwork to make sure all the children that CWA receives in their care are true orphans can take awhile...trying to find relatives, figuring out medical information, tracking down the necessary government officials, piled together with the on-going struggle with power outages all can slow things down. So, that's why we can't give you (or receive ourselves) a better estimate for "when."
So, that's where things stand, and I suppose will continue to stand until the "BIG" news. Our prayer squares are coming in steadily from friends and family and are such an encouragement. I can't wait to get them ALL and put it into one big quilt. (If you still want one, it's not too late! Just shoot me an email and I will gladly mail you one.) God is good and has definitely blessed us tremendously with all of you - our friends and family - and we can't thank you enough for the support, spoken and unspoken, that you continue to give us.
With much gratitude and love,
Shanna
PS. We want to congratulate our friends, John and Sheresa, on their referral they recently received for their little boy, Isaac. I look forward to future play dates with our little ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment