Monday, September 28, 2009

What we know...

The waiting was just about more than I could handle, so after some prompting from my friend, Lori, I decided to go ahead and email our case manager. I was reluctant to do so for a few reasons: 1) I know they are busy 2) I didn't want her to say we still had a long wait ahead of us 3) any time frame is really just an estimation

Thankfully, she responded pretty quickly with GOOD news. No definitive answers, but that's okay. So, here is what we know:

Our son is in CWA care, we are just waiting on paperwork!!!!!

Basically, we don't know who he is (and I am not sure they do, either). I think they have several children waiting in our specified age range and they are gathering background info and medicals on those children. As soon as they gather all the information needed for referral, we will get the call for our son. We don't know how long that will take, but I am definitely comforted by the fact that we know this much and we are SO close!

"Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart TRUSTS in Him, and I am helped. Therefore, my heart exults, and with my song I shall THANK him." Psalm 28:7

5 comments:

  1. Thats SOOOOO exciting!!!!! =) Thanks for sharing the good news. What a great way to start off a Monday morning by reading your update.

    Love,
    Christen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! God has always had your son in His arms, but now you can be comforted by the fact that He is preparing him for your arms too!!
    Nicole Dunham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is so exciting to know that your son is in Ethiopia right now and very soon you will know who he is. Hang in there while you wait! I'm sure you are wanting to jump on the plane right now and go get him. :)
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! rejoicing with you that the day is drawing near!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I hope you get your referral soon, because it would be super-awesome if we could travel together! :)
    John and Sheresa.

    ReplyDelete