Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 19



Here we go into week 19...

This past week has been a difficult one, but I am hanging in there. I was able to meet with another adoptive mother who got back this summer with her son from Ethiopia. It was good to meet someone in person and talk about all of the things we might expect as we continue this journey. I also got to meet their little boy...such a cutie! It was kind of surreal to talk with her about their trip and to imagine Nate and I being there some time soon. I really can barely imagine what it will be like...a lot of joy, probably some tears, lots of adjustment, dealing with the cultural and language barriers, etc., etc. My head just spins trying to wrap my mind around what we are about to go through. One day at a time, though...

We finally did pick up all of the furniture for the nursery. This week has been a pretty busy week so we haven't had time to unpack it from the boxes they came in. It took us three trips to JCPenney to get each piece home because only one piece would fit in the truck. It was a long Monday evening, but we finally got it home and it sits in our garage waiting to be put into its proper place. However, I was too excited about the chair to leave it sitting in the garage and it sits snugly in the corner of the nursery where it belongs and I LOVE it! So, hopefully we will get that all settled in there later this week. As soon as we do, I will post pictures so you all can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment