Monday, January 5, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

It's not a surpise, but it's still overwhelming. There are so many decisions to make. Tonight I was looking at home study agencies. How do you know which one to choose? Since we don't know anyone personally who has adopted, we are kind of going blind. I am so thankful for the lovely lady who has been helping to guide us at Loving Shepherd. The ministry that they have there is so helpful...not to mention FREE! Although for most people the home study can be filled with a lot of trepidation, I am pretty excited about it. It has the flavor of a very indepth initial counseling session, so maybe that's why I'm excited. It will be interesting to be on the other end, though!

So far this week, we have signed up for a webinar, an online interactive adoption seminar, with CWA which we will be taking on Thursday. As soon as we complete that, we will be officially on our way. YAY! I told Nate this evening, I just constantly want to be doing something to move forward - this blog will be helpful to give me something to do that is connected with the adoption. I feel like we have been waiting for a long time for this and I am just so ready to get going.

1 comment:

  1. Nathan and Shanna, Jada and I were truly blessed tonight, and i know all of this is in God's timing for you. You both will be wonderful parents and provide a tremendous home/family for your child. The next few months while challenging will also serve as a time of preparation for the adventure ahead. We are so very proud of you, and it will be a real joy to be praying daily for our grandchild(ren"?) who are somewhere now in the world, but right in the center of God's heart. Thank you for sharing the news with us. - Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete