Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Update

It's been a busy weekend! I went to Chicago with some friends from Purdue and had some great girl time - shopping, Wicked on Broadway, good food, and lots of chatting and laughter. On Friday, Jessica and Lori suprised me with a "Mom to Be" sash and some yummy chocolate covered strawberries. So sweet! Nate had some time to just chill, but it sounds like he had a good time, too, with some of our friends here. We are so thankful for our friends!!

It's been a little over a week since we've shared the news with everyone, and it has definitely made it more real to us. I find myself waking up almost every morning with the thought, "Yes, we ARE adopting!!" and getting my day started with that bit of excitement and a smile on my face. (I have to admit, it's a pretty great way to start my day!) OR I'll be doing something random and the thought will just pop it's way back into my head, and I am a little caught off guard and amazed that somewhere in the world, my baby is growing into the child that I will know and love. Every time, my heart beats just a little quicker. Even though we don't know who they are, we love them so much and think about them constantly.

This week...
We have a webinar to attend on Tuesday that will cover specific information on Ethiopian adoption, given by CWA. After we attend this, we will be assigned a caseworker, which we are both ready to have so that we can get the many questions we have answered. We will also have our first interview for our homestudy on Thursday (remember - 10 AM!). The ball will really begin rolling quickly after this week!!

Here are some pictures that we have taken over the past week or so - telling our parents and sharing the blog with them for the first time and a silly pic of me wearing the sash Lori and Jess surprised me with.






1 comment:

  1. As I read through your "Weekend Update" post, I'm so joyful for you and Nate...my eyes began to tear up. I can feel your excitement, and that makes me so happy. This is such a blessed time in your life, and as God continues to shape you and Nate over the coming months, you're going to grow to be even stronger people individually and as a couple. Because of your patience (you are the most patient person I know) and willingness to wait for God's timing, He is going to shower His blessings upon you more than is even fathomable. I know there are so many people waiting to see what exactly God has planned for you and Nate and your future child/children. We love you and will continue to pray for this wonderful journey. P.S.-you look super cute in your "Mom to Be" sash.

    ReplyDelete