Friday, January 23, 2009

Inklings of the journey...

Nate and I have been working this evening on organizing the upstairs closets, sorting through 4 closets full of stuff in preparation for the home study. I happened to come across an old journal and found the following entry, dated 12/21/2005...

"I thought about starting this journal a few weeks ago when adoption became a heavy weight on my mind. I finally decided to really pray and consider adoption, so I wanted to start a journal to record my thoughts, feelings, and the processes we might go through as we continue to try to start a family - both biologically and through adoption. Nate and I have been trying to have a baby for about a year and a half...I remember telling a friend in the 1st six months of our marriage that I had a feeling having kids would be difficult for us. I have no idea why I said that or why I felt that way, but I was right. I feel like we're both handling this well and are hopeful that we will have a family. I think we both trust God will work this out. We have talked about adoption on and off for awhile...There seems to be a lot of difficulties in the process of adoption...But I pray if this is really where God wants us, that He will make the way for us. I pray for patience and guidance through this time and for peace and trust in God. I pray that He would care for our future child/children, keep them safe, and direct the process to bring the right child for our family to our home. I pray for open arms and an open heart to what God might do in our lives and thank Him for giving us the chance to make a difference in others' lives...."

It just so happens that at the bottom of that entry, printed on the journal page is the following verse:

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love God's timing in life...what a blessing to come across this right now. You can really see God's hand in all of this...

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying...God has such a way with intricate details to remind us that HE KNOWS!!!

    :) Katrina :)

    ReplyDelete