Nate and I were both able to attend the online seminar for Ethiopian adoption, although we logged on from separate locations. There was an enormous amount of information, which on an already hectic day for me, was very overwhelming. However, after we finished the seminar, I called Nate to get his take on what we learned. I shared with him what I was feeling at that moment and, of course, he helped me feel better about all of it. I am so thankful that he is does so well with all the details. We are different in that way, but our perspectives (my big picture, and his detail) combine for us to make a good team.
After having processed some of the information, here is the essential piece of information I need to remember...GOD IS IN CONTROL!! The case manager shared that, whether the paperwork goes as smooth and as quickly as possible, or there are a few snags here and there, we will get the child God has chosen for us. If we encounter difficulties, maybe they will be needed so that we will only be ready when our child is ready. I take great comfort in thinking this way.
One other thing...as you all can tell, I have been very excited and I get very excited (hey, it's my big picture thinking!). In my excitement, I have almost counted on around a 7-8 month process. Word of Caution: our case manager shared the the AVERAGE length of the whole process is around one year, and we need to be prepared for that. That definitely depends on the type of referral we are pursuing (girl vs. boy vs. twins vs. siblings, etc). Boys currently have no wait time after the country receives our paperwork. But, anyway, I don't want to mislead anyone, and I have definitely been more optimistic than the average length of time. So, I just wanted to make you aware of that as well.
SO...tomorrow we have our first home study interview in Indianapolis. We have both been preparing by answering some pre-questions that we had to have prepared beforehand. We feel good going into to it, but I am sure the nerves will set in just a little tomorrow morning. We appreciate your prayers!
Shanna Banana-
ReplyDeleteI think everyone shares in your optimism and excitement. We'll be praying for continued patience, and God's perfect timing (although I pray that His timing is much sooner than later :)-wink wink). Just by everything you've said, I really like the sounds of your case manager. I'm sure it's comforting having someone that is very honest and helping to prepare you for the unknown journey that's ahead. Lots of love-Lori
Nathan and Shanna... I will be praying for you this morning, along with many others I am sure, at 10 a.m. as you have your first interview. I am sure it will go great, and it won't take them but a split second to see how wonderful parents you will be and how much love you both have to give "Baby J" who needs a home and a family. - Dad "Grandpa" Conner,
ReplyDelete