Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Home Study (updated)

Nate worked on setting up the Home Study today. We will be meeting with our agency next Thursday, Jan. 22 at 10:00am. It will take around an hour and a half...yikes! We were glad that they could get us in so quickly. The home study will consist of us driving down to Indianapolis to meet with them. They will be asking lots of questions regarding our relationship, our decision to adopt, why we chose Ethiopia, and lots of other stuff. It should be very interesting! I believe that after the initial interview is complete they will come to our house to make sure we have specific things in our house (two fire extinguishers - one for each floor, a fire ladder, emergency exit plans...and lots of other things that we don't have right now! :) But they will be giving us the specifics and I am sure that we will be excited and ready for them to visit...albeit a little anxious.

As Nate and I were reviewing the timeline tonight, we thought of another prayer request. The Ethiopian courts, who will approve us and give us the green light to go get our children, close during the months of August and September for the rainy season. WE WANT TO GET IN BEFORE THAT OCCURS!! Please pray that we are able to get all of the paperwork and everything necessary before so we are not held up by that. I think that it could be very close, so we would appreciate prayers for everything running smoothly and being able to get our children possibly in July.

I was reading a blog by a friend of the Conner family who recently adopted from Ethiopia. In fact, they just got back on Sunday! It was neat to read about their adoption journey and hear their experiences coming home. They shared pictures from Ethiopia as well. Their son is about one year old and so, so adorable. I can imagine it for us, yet it seems like we will never get there. I know, Patience, patience, patience... We are going to try to get together with them to hear more about their experiences and meet their new addition. Unbeknownst to us, they actually used CWA as well, so their advice will be invaluable.

Also, if you didn't notice, I added to the right the time in Addis Ababa where the orphanage of CWA is and where we will be going to pick up our children. Enjoy!

Okay, I'm done this time. :) Good night!

1 comment:

  1. After reading the Ponsler's blog (late into the night), the need for prayer was greatly reaffirmed. I felt such a burden to be in constant prayer for MY grandchild/grandchildren. The realization that he/she might already be born was profound! I found myself praying as I fell asleep and a little face (it was a boy) was on my mind before I even opened my eyes this morning. Talk about trusting in God - we can do nothing but!!
    By the way, the Ponsler baby is ADORABLE!! What a testimony!
    Love, Mom,Rachelle (Gramma, Grammy .....)

    ReplyDelete