Sunday, January 11, 2009
A Full Heart
Today I was able to share with some friends about the adoption. It is hard to know how people are going to react, because for some, it may not seem like that huge of news because we don't actually have a picture or anything concrete that people expecting a child usually have. Of course Nate and I view it no different than if we were actually pregnant, but you just never know how others might take the news. I was so thrilled by the reactions I received today from my friends, no different than if I were sharing the news of being actually pregnant. I couldn't have asked for anything better than that. I really can't tell you how much that meant to me today. I think that I had four people ask me if they could throw me a baby shower! :) As we share the news with more people, it is so exciting to share the joy and expectations and dream with others about the reality that is occurring for us. Thank you so much for being excited with us and sharing this great joy that we have. I am pretty sure that I haven't stopped smiling all week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I continued crying tears of joy for another 10 minutes after we hung up the phone... I couldn't be more excited for you guys because I know you have bathed every moment of this decision in prayer and it springs out of the desires God has placed in your heart and your trust in His perfect plan. I cannot wait to meet my new niece(s) and/or nephew(s) and witnessing firsthand how God continues to be glorified in your family. I love you guys so much and already adore your children. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christen
It is an awesome moment, Shanna and Nathan! You are pregnant - ...with hope...with joy..with anticipation...with love...with the time God will use to prepare your hearts to parent your child and nurture them with the love God has given the both of you to share. I'm excited you are receiving the blessing and joy of the many friends and family that surround you with their excitement and affirmation. By the way, Chris and Sarah Ponsler are returning today with their child from Ethiopia. We love you guys, have a great day, Pappy and Nana Conner or whatever our grandchild will choose to call us... :-)
ReplyDeletegrandma
ReplyDeletesue now knows how to use your blog - we hope!
I can't tell you how thrilled and excited we are for you two! The blog is such a great testimony to see how God has worked in your lives to bring you to this point. It's been a great encouragement to read so far, and I can't wait until your child(ren) are here! In the meantime, we're praying.
ReplyDelete