Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Preparations

We were able to schedule our home study for next Wednesday at 11:30. YAY! While many of you might have been really annoyed by the snow, I was SO grateful!! I tried to make the hour drive to IWU this morning but ended up turning around 6 miles after I got on 69. It was a mess! So, I took the opportunity on my snow day to accomplish much in our preparations for the home study. I don't have a lot of time during the week normally - most of my days I get home around 9 or 10, so the weekends are really all that we have to get ready. So, I really enjoyed the peace of today and the ability to get a good belly laugh pushing Lori's car out of the snow on a messy side street in downtown Fort Wayne. (We were looking for a trunk at Finders Keepers to organize and keep our pictures in.) I got lots of organizing done, and I feel much better after today's accomplishments. I still have cleaning to do, but I didn't want to start that until this weekend...less time for it to get messy again. Nate continues to diligently stay on top of the paperwork (which he is working on as I type). We are definitely well into this first step in the journey to our Baby J!

PS: Boiler Up!

2 comments:

  1. That's great news, kids! God is really just moving this along, one step at a time. Another sign of the what you said in an earlier blog about everything being in His Time... the child He has in mind for you. Enjoy the journey! Praying for you and Baby J - daily. Love - Papaw Conner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read that things are continuing to move forward for you both. It's also a joy to read the little blessings that God has already put in front of both of you through old writings and the people working with you. That is evidence that God is working with you now and will continue to do so throughout the entire process. I will continue to be praying for you and baby(ies) while Josh and I are away and will look forward to reading the updates on the blog!
    Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete