Well, my final semester in graduate school has commenced. Somehow I always fool myself into believing that "next semester will be easier." I can only say, thank goodness this is my last semester. So, if you wouldn't mind adding me to the prayer list in terms of finishing strong, I would appreciate it. I must admit it is difficult to concentrate when all I really want to do is plan for the arrival of my children. I also will say, God definitely knows what He is doing and His timing is perfect. Nate and I had talked about starting the adoption last year...good thing Nate convinced me that probably wasn't the best idea if I wanted to finish grad school. He didn't doubt that I could do it, he just knew it would be difficult. Boy was he right!
In other news, we officially sent the Initial Application Packet to CWA yesterday. As soon as they get and review that, we will be assigned a case worker. We are also hoping to hear back from home study (HSA) agencies this week and possibly schedule our first appointment. I think these are the first two big milestones in the process, so WoooHooo! We will let you know when we hear from both CWA and our HSA.
Nate and Shanna
ReplyDeleteYour joy and excitement just leap off the page as I read your blog! We are priveledged to be praying for you and your future children. We also love the title of your blog and the Bible verse you chose...they are perfect for you and your journey. Your hearts are overflowing and so are ours!
Love, Mike and Cheryl Summers
just a side note, in talking with your grandma Nathan and Shanna, she thought that possibly Chris and Sarah had happened to choose the same adoption agency - CWA..wouldn't that be ironic. You could hear the joy in mom's voice as she talked about being there at the airport to welcome their little one home from Ethiopia. I remember being there to welcome Emily home from Russia... it's an amazing moment and I know will be a great day to look forward to. I'm praying for you everyday and your work at grad school. Take care of yourself. -Dad, Steve, Papa, Pappy, gramps, grampy, peepaw,
ReplyDeleteNathan and Shanna,
ReplyDeleteWe, too, are 'woo hooing' with you right now. Submitting the paperwork must really give you both a sense of taking a big step on this journey in making all this a reality. We are praying for you everyday and for your chosen child(ren), our grandchild(ren). God certainly will bless your faithfulness and commitment. He will honor you and grant you the desires of your hearts. We are so proud of you both (jobs, grad school,awesome son/daughter-in-law, etc). We are really enjoying your blog and look forward to reading it every day. God is good. We love you. Love, MOM, Jada, Granny, Nana, MamMa, memaw......